Living with chronic pain can be debilitating. The daily struggle of dealing with endless
discomfort or the unwanted side effects of mass produced pain medication leaves many patients exasperated. Sapping their energy and causing incredible strain on their mental well-being.
If you suffer from chronic pain, you surely understand the frustration all too well.
Fortunately, there is a better answer for effective pain management. Pharmaceutical
compounding by AXIS can give you the relief you need without the dizziness, drowsiness or stomach irritation often associated with commercial medications.
Read on to find out if a compounding solution is right for you.
Types of Pain Most Commonly Treated with Pharmaceutical Compounding
More patients seek medical attention for pain than any other symptom. If you suffer from back/knee pain, arthritis, fibromyalgia, migraines or any other form of nerve, joint, muscle or tissue-related pain, you’re an excellent candidate for compounded pain medication. Given that your pain is personal, wouldn’t it make sense that the best pain management strategy be equally unique?
How Bodies and Pain are Different
There are a number of factors which explain why pre-fabricated medications aren’t always a “one size fits all” solution:
- Body size: Your height, weight and body type play a significant role in how medications are metabolized.
- Severity of pain: The same condition that may be annoying but tolerable for one patient can leave the other incapacitated and bed-ridden.
- Symptoms: Some patients are affected by a greater quantity of indicators than others.
- Pain tolerance: A given patient’s tolerance for pain plays a significant role in how aggressively the pain is treated. Compounding allows for the right balance between pain control and side-effects on an individual basis.
Dosage, Multiple Medications & Delivery Options
Producing tablets or capsules with the precise dosage to suit your specific needs is just one benefit of pharmaceutical compounding for pain medication. In cases where multiple medications are required, your compounding pharmacist can often
combine the drugs into a single dose to make taking your medicine simpler and easier. This added convenience can be a real time saver for patients who will require daily treatment indefinitely. Patients who experience stomach irritation or who have difficulties swallowing pills will be thrilled to learn that compounded pain solutions can be delivered through a variety of
- A topical gel, cream or spray (applied directly to the affected area and absorbed through the skin)
- A pleasantly flavored troche to be placed underneath the patient’s tongue
- Nasal spray
These techniques work in part by bypassing the gastrointestinal tract, allowing your body to absorb the medication without irritating your stomach or intestinal lining.
Nothing to Lose
Getting started with a personalized pain management solution is as easy as speaking with your physician or an AXIS pharmacist. There’s almost zero risk in giving compounded pain medications a try. If you don’t find a marked improvement in the way you feel, simply go back to your current prescriptions. Don’t you owe it to yourself to find out if switching to a custom-tailored medication improves your quality of life?
Call AXIS today to schedule a consultation with a pain management specialist.