What is Pharmaceutical Compounding?
Compounded preparations are medications that are tailor-made for you from your provider’s specifications. They are custom-made in the strength and dosage form required by the patient. Whether it is compounded hormone replacement therapy, creams or ointments for the skin, or adding a flavor for your child’s medication Axis Pharmacy NW has you covered.
Your body is unique and your dosage solutions should be too! At Axis Pharmacy NW our pharmacists work closely with patients and their providers to formulate medications to patients’ unique needs. These personal solutions result in high levels of success and patient satisfaction. We cater to our patients’ needs and individual preferences. That’s why we offer such a wide variety of dosage forms and formulations. Some of our dosage forms include sublingual drops, transdermal creams, flavored suspensions, and capsules. We pride ourselves on being able to provide vegan or allergen-free medications upon request. We look forward to answering your questions about what compounded medications might work best for you.
Who can benefit from AXIS Compounded Medications?
People who Benefit:
- Patients who require different from normal doses, such as infants and children.
- Patients who require a different dosage form, such as turning pills into liquid or transdermal cream.
- Patients who may be allergic to an inactive ingredient in their medication, such as gluten or dye.
- Patients who need drugs that are no longer commercially available.
- Patients, such as children, who want a flavor added to medication to make it easier to take.
- Prescribers who want to change dosage, forms or flavor.
Unique Dosage Forms:
- Unique dosage forms containing the best dose of medication for each individual.
- Medications in dosage forms that are not commercially available, such as transdermal gels, troches, and lollipops.
- Medications free of problem-causing inactive substances such as gluten, other allergens, dyes, sugar, lactose, or alcohol.
- Combinations of various compatible medications into a single dosage form for easier administration and improved compliance.
- Medications that are not commercially available.